Thursday, September 28, 2006

Girl with Braids - Part 8

This is two stages combined into one. The 1st pic is the most recent image of this painting. And the 2nd pic is from a couple days ago.
I've focused a little more on the hair, clothing and background. Although, I'm still trying to decide what level of completion I want to take this painting to. It's a tough decision since there's no "undo" button in painting. Anyway, I've made some changes to the drawing in the most recent pic compared to the one a few days ago. Can you tell?

4 comments:

following her bliss said...

Everyone in my camp is eagerly watching the progress. It's wonderful! Yesterday a friend and I were talking about art, and I told her she should view your blog to observe the real deal...

Casey Childs said...

Well, I'm flattered...but I'm not sure if I'm the real deal, but it's nice to know I have an audience, other than my wife, checking out my blog. Did you see David Kassan left a comment? That was cool.
Question--what's your feedback as to finishing the background and clothing, do you think very loose and unfinished or completely finished and polished?
I have the luxury of choosing since it's a personal piece.

Anonymous said...

You are a really good artist. Brooke actually recognized who the "Girl with Braids" is. Amazing!!! She wants to know if you need another model.

following her bliss said...

Yeah, I did see the D.K. comment - very cool. On the question... that's tough. I mean, what kid do you know who is EVER "completely finished and polished?" :) Yet, children are exquisite, and every little detail is sumptuous, you know? Surprise us...