Friday, March 30, 2007

Tar & Feathered - Another Update

It's the last day in March and this is where I'm at with the painting. We're 2 weeks out from entering the Springville show, and I have so much left to do. And once I finally get all the figures painted in, I still need to go back in and do detail work on well.....everything. Oh, and it also needs time to dry.
But I am happy with the way it's progressing, I just need to get all the figures in and the entire surface covered so I can get a better idea on overall values. I'm learning that it's best to work as a whole because once you determine the lightest light and darkest dark across the entire piece, it's easier to find all the values in between. This is very important since I want the light to be the brightest on Joseph and and fade as it goes across the figures to the left.



No comments: