Thursday, June 28, 2007

Isn't moving fun?

It's been weeks since my last blog entry and, really, I've got nothing to show for it. Well, artistically that is. We do have a new house. And with that new house I will have a new studio.
We spent the past few weeks packing up everything we own (and probably some stuff we should have thrown away) to move it to our new home in Pleasant Grove. BTW, don't use U-haul for your moving needs--long story, don't ask. So, officially, this is our first week in our new house. We've owned the house for a couple weeks now but spent the first week doing some work on the place like refinishing the wood floor, replacing all the old carpet and painting the family room. The house looks great except for all the boxes we have stacked everywhere. So now our next big project is to unpack those boxes that Mandy and her mom worked so hard to pack up. Great. Isn't moving fun?


I painted this mural in Evan's room in our old house. I started it before E was born 2 and a half years ago and never finished it. I planned to finish it with the sale of the house but when I asked the buyer if she wanted me to finish the mural she said, "Nah, I'm just going to paint over it anyway........but you did a great job!"

There's talk about a "Nemo" theme in the kid's new room, but we'll see.

No comments: