Saturday, January 29, 2011

Photoshoot for New Painting

I'm currently working on a new painting depicting Joseph and Hyrum Smith in Carthage Jail. My goal when I began researching this painting was to portray as accurately as possible the moments before Hyrum and Joseph were killed in Carthage Jail. I've gathered information from reading eye witness accounts as well as taking a trip to Carthage, IL to see the jail for myself. I was able to enlist the help of Dr. Joseph Lyon with his extensive forensic research to piece together what really happened in those final moments in Carthage Jail. I've had accurate period clothing made for this scene, including replicas of the actual clothing Hyrum was wearing.

So today was the photo shoot and we built two walls of the bedroom in my studio to scale including the door to accurately put together this scene. Here's a couple images...

Two walls of the Carthage Jail bedroom we built in my studio


The "Joseph" actor for the shoot


Getting hair done


Working on hair for John Taylor


Hyrum Smith


Hyrum on the set

No comments: