Monday, June 27, 2011

Sneak Peek of New Painting

Today marks 167 years since the prophet Joseph Smith and his brother, Hyrum, were murdered in Carthage Jail on June 27, 1844. In remembrance of that day, I'm posting a detail of the project I'm currently working on depicting the moments before Hyrum and Joseph were killed in Carthage. To learn more about this moment in history, go here.

This painting will be a diptych and this image is a detail (work in progress) from the first panel:


Casey Childs, Greater Love Hath No Man Than This (Detail), Oil, 60 x 96″

Throughout this project, I've begun documenting the process of creating the painting in a series of short videos. Check them out here.

3 comments:

Filipe said...

Whoa. In the smaller image in the blog, I thought that was a photo of someone in front of the painting. No joke. Wow, that shirt is perfect. I look forward to seeing more as you progress.

canvas artwork said...

you are a true artists

Anonymous said...

More! :)