Monday, November 19, 2007

Finished Painting

I finished this painting last week during my weekly painting session at Bill's studio. I'm pleased with how it turned out. Sometimes you just don't know how successful a painting will be until it's done.
If you want to see this piece in person it will be on display in a new restaurant that is opening at Orem's Midtown Village. The name of the restaurant is Pizzeria Seven Twelve. (click their name to go to their blog)

oil on panel. 12"x9"

And, of course, this painting is for sale--so send me an email if you're interested.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Once again, Casey, everything is looking unbelievably great. Love this new painting! You're really getting good with that "unfinished" aspect in some of your work! I think you really pulled it off on this one!

Alan's announcement is nice too. I never met his future bride, but you definitely nailed the likeness on your brother! And if his fiance looks just like your drawing, WOWZA - who knew Alan was such a heart-throb!

Casey Childs said...

hey buddy, thanks for the compliments on this piece.

I'm happy with how it turned out. You know my work, so you understand how hard it was for me not to finish the table! I've been working on keeping it loose and not having a fine finish everywhere. Because that's what makes this piece, don't ya think?

I'll be sure to let Al know that you think he found a keeper.