Friday, January 04, 2008

Come on baby, light my fire....

We now have footings for the new studio! It's exciting to see some progress, but I'm now realizing this is just the beginning. We had our first major problem with this project when the inspector came by to inspect the forms for the footings--we weren't set back enough from the edge of our property. Which was what I thought we had cleared up with the city when getting the building permit, but obviously not. So the footings guys had to move their forms back 2' to make our inspector happy. Oh well, keep those hoops coming....

And I'm not sure why but they poured gas in the footing forms and lit it on fire, maybe to thaw the ground out. I don't know but it made for a nice picture and ultimately helped me out with my post title.

Here's some pictures...









2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, that gas-in-the-footings-and-set-on-fire trick is a great way for those construction workers to cook up a batch of meth and get paid hourly for it! :)

Anonymous said...

Wow ... these photos sure are ama-z-zing. Do you take them yourself?