Monday, June 08, 2009

Night Painting @ Fish Lake

We took a family trip to Fish Lake this past weekend and while there I did this painting,

Fish Lake Nocturne. oil on linen panel. 5" x 7". 2009.
$100 USD (frame included)

It was fun to paint a painting in the dark since I've never tried it before. It was freezing and windy at the time, so I had to paint this as fast as I could. I used a headlamp to see and have my hands free--it was interesting trying to see color in what appeared to be almost entirely black. I'd like to try painting at night again, but preferably on a warm night.

4 comments:

katealyson said...

Case, I love it! Beautiful. I can't wait to see this in person. I especially love the moon. It totally just pops. Muy bueno.

Anonymous said...

Let me be the first to congratulate you on pursuing your dream!

Schedule & prioritize your projects, set goals and wake up early. Your'e on your way...

Jason Waskey said...

Hmmm. Headlamp. I hadn't thought about that.

Great idea Casey!

Lizzy said...

I found your painting online and I loved it! I've used it to accompany a story on my blog, I hope that's all right!

http://thealmostordinary.wordpress.com/2013/05/21/two-old-men-and-a-fish/