Wednesday, July 29, 2009

A Cup O' Drawings...

This first image is a drawing of our two little boys that I made for my wife as an anniversary gift a few months ago. I've been playing around with lost and found areas (meaning leaving some areas w/o detail) to create visual interest and lead the eye around the image. You can let me know if it worked...
charcoal, white chalk. 13" x 11". 2009.

This is a drawing I created in the studio from a still-life. My sister was in town and wanted to draw with me, so we set this up and drew for about an hour. It was lots of fun, she needs to move closer so we can do this more often--I would post her drawing as well but she'd probably kill me. :)
charcoal, white chalk. 10" x 10". 2009.

4 comments:

Becky's Place said...

Your boys are the cutest!! Great job!!

Amanda said...

So ... what's in that not-so-fabulous bowl that I WAS going to return to Walmart??? :)

Casey Childs said...

So ... strawberries--we were able to return them to Walmart with no problem though.

Anonymous said...

FÜHRERSCHEIN ONLINE KAUFEN

.Really Good