Monday, October 18, 2010

A Better Kind of Taboret Drawer

*DISCLAIMER* This is only the prototype for the taboret drawer layout, the actual drawers will be constructed of stain grade wood with different drawer fronts and hardware.

In designing this taboret table I felt it very necessary to have drawers specifically designed to store individual tubes of paint. Thus making it easier to find the color I'm looking for. Right now I've got a few trays where I store my paint tubes, but the tubes seem to always get mixed up and get unorganized very quickly when I'm busy. So here's what I've come up with:
Individual compartments for each tube of paint.

This layout will hold 30+ 40 ml. tubes of paint. The table will have 3 of these types of drawers.

FULLY CUSTOMIZABLE!! The dividers in the drawers will be removable to be able to customize the layout for different sizes of tubes.

The bottom drawer shows how the compartments can be customized to hold large tubes, 175 ml, as well as small tubes in the same drawer.

I should get some kind of kick back from Vasari for showing off their paint so nicely! :)

2 comments:

katealyson said...

It's looking good. I can't wait to see the finished product!

Ollie said...

wow. very ingenuous. I need sth like that, my workshop is a mess :(